J. Christian Piazza*
Christian joined Wilcox Financial and Wilcox Sports Management as a financial professional in August 2016 after graduating from Bowling Green State University (BGSU) with both a Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree.
Since joining Wilcox Financial, the former BGSU offensive lineman serves clients in more than 15 states working closely with families, businesses and sports management clients to grow and protect their wealth throughout life’s journey. Using the comprehensive approach, he works with his clients to develop a sound financial game plan specific to their goals and objectives by providing customized investment, risk management, tax and estate planning advice.
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- Mid-American Conference Champion (Football) 2013, 2015
- 2019 Toledo’s 20 Under 40 Award Nominee recognizing individuals who have distinguished themselves in the Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan region.
- 2015 Mid-American Conference Medal of Excellence: awarded annually to one male and one female student-athlete exhibiting athletics excellence, leadership and service from each conference university
- 2015 Wuerffel Trophy Watch List: awarded to the college football player “who best combines exemplary community service with athletic and academic achievement”
- 1st Team Academic All Mid-American Conference Team 2013, 2014
CURRENT AND PREVIOUS LEADERSHIP, SERVICE, PHILANTHROPY
- BGSU College of Business - Young Alumni Board, Member
- BGSU – President’s Club Giving Circle, Member
- EPIC Toledo – Advisory Board, Vice Chair
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – MWOY Fundraising Executive Committee, Member
- ProMedica – Toledo Children’s Hospital Board, Trustee
- The Toledo Club – Board Director; Membership Committee Chair
- BGSU College of Business – Student Ambassador
- BGSU Alumni Foundation – Young Alumni Board Member
Christian, an Ann Arbor, Michigan native chose to stay in Northwest Ohio upon his graduation and five seasons as an offensive lineman on the BGSU football team. He and his fiancé Katie enjoy urban-living in downtown Toledo as well as traveling, golfing and playing squash.