Michael R. Wilcox*
For Insurance and Financial Services: email@example.com
For Securities and Investments: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael R. Wilcox*, founder of Wilcox Financial and Wilcox Sports Management, is a rare breed among financial professionals. Knowledgeable and trustworthy, personable and passionate, Mr. Wilcox provides high-level professional financial advice for his diversified clientele. Wilcox Financial is a diversified financial services and consulting company with a long tradition of growth.
Since founding Wilcox Financial in 1982, Mr. Wilcox has directly served his clients in 25 countries and 39 states. As a Registered Investment Advisor, he leads a professional team of financial professionals and long-term investment professionals serving more than 7,500 corporations and executives, closely held family business owners and high-networth individuals.
Mr. Wilcox is a financial professional with authenticity, borrowing from his experience as a three-time All-American athlete in recognizing uncultivated opportunities for his clients. He founded Wilcox Sports Management in 2001 to deliver financial, investment, tax and estate planning advice to over 475 Football and Basketball Coaches, University Presidents, Athletic Directors and Conference Commissioners throughout the country. His personal athletic accomplishments in lacrosse, hockey and football are recognized in the Ohio Lacrosse Hall of Fame, and the Athletic Halls of Fame of Bowling Green State University, the Peddie School and Ithaca High School.
For more than three and a half decades, Mr. Wilcox has been a member of the Top of the Table, which consists of the top one tenth of one percent of the world's financial service professionals. Mr. Wilcox also served on the board of this organization. Mr. Wilcox is an authority in the areas of financial, estate and compensation planning. He is also a renowned author and speaker and has spoken to groups in over 25 countries and 39 states.
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- Bowling Green State University, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, 2013-2014 Distinguished Alumnus Award Recipient
- Bowling Green State University, Entrepreneurial Hall of Fame
- Bowling Green State University, Top 100 alumni in 100 years
- GMAC Bowl Champion of Life Award Recipient, 2008, in recognition of his unique professional accomplishments and philanthropic efforts
- Lou Holtz/Upper Ohio Valley Hall of Fame, 2008 Distinguished American Citizen Honoree
- 2003 Lester A. Rosen Humanitarian and Achievement Award Recipient
CURRENT AND PREVIOUS LEADERSHIP, SERVICE, PHILANTHROPY
- The Fiesta Bowl Board of Directors
- The Culver Academies Board of Trustees
- Lou Holtz/Upper Ohio Valley Hall of Fame Trustee
- Falcon Club (Bowling Green State University Athletics Boosters)Donor
- John McLendon Scholarship Foundation Board of Trustees
- Bowling Green State University Board of Trustees Board Member and Chairman
- Bowling Green State University Foundation Board Member
- U.S. Lacrosse Foundation Board Member and Chairman
- Huntington National Bank Board Member
- Toledo Hospital Foundation Board Member
- United Way Alexis de Tocqueville Society Chairman and Donor
- Junior Achievement of Greater Toledo Donor and Youth Mentor
- American Football Coaches Association Board Member
- USA Football Board Member (National Governing Body)
Mr. Wilcox is not only a widely respected authority in the financial sector, but also a successful entrepreneur in Toledo, OH. He and his wife, Jan, have a son, Ben, a Financial Professional at Wilcox Financial and Wilcox Sports Management, and a daughter, Sarah, Vice President of Client Development & Community Relations at Wilcox Financial and Wilcox Sports Management.